Cognacity is one of the UK’s leading providers of private mental health services, with headquarters in Central London and the Thames Valley supported by our large national network of c.100 experienced clinicians.
Our patients include private individuals, international patients, business leaders, managers and employees from all organisations and elite athletes from 14 elite sports in the UK.
We treat all mental health problems. Our treatments are all evidence-based, tailored to the individual and planned with full patient involvement.
We provide a rapid access service for all new referrals (routine within five working days and emergencies the same day).
We provide corporate organisations and elite sport bodies with a 24/7 confidential emergency helpline service with rapid access to our national team of psychiatrists and therapists.
At the initial consultation, patients receive a thorough assessment followed by a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan. Further investigations may include blood tests, MRI brain scan, ECG & neuropsychological testing.
WHAT WE TREAT
- Anxiety disorders, reactions to stress and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Mood disorders (depression and bipolar disorder)
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, gambling, food, sex & relationships)
- Neuropsychological problems including memory problems/dementia
- Perinatal mental health
- Family mental health problems
- Psychological problems related to chronic pain, cancer, head injury, etc.
- Psychotic disorders
- Behavioural disorders (eating disorders & impulse control)
- Developmental disorders (Adult Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder [ADHD], autistic spectrum disorders)
HOW WE TREAT
Cognacity provides a full range of evidence based treatments from the very latest medication to the best psychological therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation& Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Mindfulness
- Family and couple therapy
- Short-term psychodynamic therapy
Many of our therapists use integrated approaches adapted to the individual patient’s needs.
In rare cases where intensive treatment is needed we can access private psychiatric facilities across the UK through our working partnership with the Priory Group.
Cognacity clinicians are fully recognised by the all major private medical insurers. In addition, we have bespoke arrangements with both corporate and sports clients.
To receive a free assessment, please fill in the form below.
Cognacity use a cutting-edge risk management tool called Organisation Human Factor Benchmark (OHFB), which allows you to benchmark your company’s risk of stress, burnout and disengagement against established norms. The OHFB is supported by a predictive model that allows for the proactive management of risks for employees, teams and individuals. This allows targeted, evidence-based interventions to be implemented at both organisation or individual level.